“…economic criminal law covers the whole set of crimes related to economic activity and directed against the state norms that organize and protect economic life." TIEDEMANN, Economic Power and Crime (Introduction to Economic and Business Criminal law), Barcelona, 1985, p.20.
Areas of activity
Patrimonial and corporate-economic crimes
We offer legal advice and assistance in economic criminal matters to individuals and legal entities.
We are fully qualified to represent you as an accused or injured party in criminal proceedings where the commission of any of the following criminal offenses is investigated:
- Embezzlement and abuse of trust
- Fraudulent Conveyance
- Crimes related to intellectual property
- Theft of Trade Secrets
- Corporate crimes
- Money laundering
- Tax fraud
- Criminal Misappropriation
We act in each and every one of the phases of the criminal procedure before the Spanish Courts with jurisdiction in criminal matters and, therefore, we carry out the activities of the criminal litigation:
- Intervention in all types of criminal investigation proceedings
- Legal assistance in police station during arrest and interrogation.
- Legal assistance in judicial premises.
- Assistance to the victim or injured party(ies)
- Intervention during the criminal trial.
- File of appellate procedures and cassation appeals.
Corporate criminal advisory
Currently, from the perspective of the Spanish Criminal Code, companies or legal persons can be charged with the commission of a crime and, therefore, be subject to criminal proceedings and, if necessary, a criminal court could impose a criminal conviction.
In addition to the traditional activity of the lawyer specializing in criminal law (representation and defence of the company before criminal courts), the functions of the criminal lawyer have been extended to a preventive counselling activity.
In this regard, we are fully prepared to provide the following services:
- Analysis of determining criminal risk within the company.
- Preparation of a regulatory compliance program, basically consisting of:
- Preparation of a map of criminal risks.
- Implementation of measures to prevent criminal risks.
- Training to the board of directors, workers and collaborators of the company for the purpose of better compliance with the criminal compliance program.
Transnational Criminal Law
In the context of international legal cooperation, extradition refers to the procedure by which a state requests another state to arrest and subsequently surrender a person to whom the commission of one or several crimes is attributed.
The reason for the request may include subjecting the detainee to criminal proceedings in the territory of the requesting State or the imposition of a criminal sanction in it.
Within the European Union, the extradition procedure has been replaced by the procedure regarding the European Arrest Warrant.
In the framework of any of these two special procedures and in compliance with the rights guaranteed by our legislation, our legal assistance will basically consist of the representation of the person subject to this special criminal procedure, alleging in his favour all that is necessary for the best defence of their rights and interests.
We also have a wide network of collaborators specialized in criminal law throughout different countries of Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, among others), Europe (Germany, France, Greece, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, Poland, among others) and the United States; in order to coordinate in the best possible way the criminal defence in the jurisdiction of the country that is also involved in the process.